2017 SCA Annual Meeting
If you haven’t registered for the upcoming Annual Meeting & Workshops taking place April 22–26, visit www.scahq.org/2017annualmeeting to do so today.
We hope to see you at this unique educational event. Anesthesia providers and perioperative physicians will come together to discuss important issues in the field. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn about new research and innovations in the plenary sessions; engage in small-group, topic-specific discourse in problem-based learning discussions (PBLDs); and put principles to practice in the workshops.
This year’s Annual Meeting & Workshops will feature
- keynote speaker Michael J. Mack, MD—Innovations in the Treatment of Structural Heart Disease: Impact on Cardiac Surgery and Anesthesiology
- educational tracks featuring interactive workshops and symposia
- daily moderated scientific poster sessions and complex case poster sessions
- PBLDs with experts in the field
- a special Fellow/Resident program featuring career and mentoring advice and complex case discussions
- an exhibit hall showcasing technology, products, and services specifically designed for leaders in the field of cardiovascular anesthesiology.
Limited Availability in Workshops and PBLDs
Gain a deeper understanding of various cardiovascular and thoracic anesthesia topics by signing up for a workshop or PBLD. Separate paid registration is required.
Limited space is still available for:
- Workshop 1: Hands-On TTE
- Workshop 4: Percutaneous Valves
- Workshop 5: EP/Pacemaker
- Workshop 7: 3D TEE
- PBLD topics:
- Carinal Resection: Nuts & Bolts
- Robotic Thymectomy in a Myasthenic
- Ethical Conundrums in Thoracic Anesthesia
- How to Build a Structural Heart Symposium
- This Heart Transplant Is Ruining My Laparotomy
- VT Storm: Coming to a Cath Lab Near You
- Emergent Initiation and ICU Management for Peripheral Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Adult Patient With a “Failing” Fontan for Emergency Exploratory Laparotomy
- Perioperative TEE Review Session (complimentary, but registration required)
- ...and more!
Visit www.scahq.org/2017annualmeeting for more topic choices.
Call our member services department at 855.658.2828 or 847.375.6313 to add one of these specialized sessions to your meeting registration. Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcing Special Fellow/Resident Town Hall Discussion
Fellows and Residents are invited to join SCA leadership on Saturday, April 22, at 10–11 am (Eastern) for a special Town Hall Discussion regarding Society membership. We want to know how we can serve you better and what benefits are most valuable to you and your chosen career. Registration is not necessary for this open forum. Light refreshments will be served.
6th Annual Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
The Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium (TAS) is a unique educational activity entirely focused on thoracic anesthesia for academic and private practitioners. Separate registration is required for this symposium.
- Highlights include
- comprehensive hands-on workshops
- small-group PBLDs with experts in the field
- coffee breaks with exhibitors.
Registration is now open. Visit the 2017 annual meeting page for details.