2017 Echo Week
Online registration for the 20th Annual Echo Week Meeting will open in February. Keep an eye out for our e-mail announcement!
20th Annual Echo Week Meeting
May 21–26, 2017
Loews Atlanta Hotel
The 20th Annual SCA Comprehensive Review and Update of Perioperative Echocardiography is a 5-day course covering the fundamentals and applications of echocardiography. This interdisciplinary program, sponsored by the SCA in collaboration with the American Society of Echocardiography, was developed to meet the continuing demand for education on the applications of ultrasound technologies as a fundamental diagnostic modality and monitor of perioperative cardiac performance.
This course is designed for anesthesiologists, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, intensivists, sonographers, radiologists, and other medical professionals as a comprehensive review and update of perioperative echocardiography.
Benefits of Attendance
- Review, update, and expand your knowledge of perioperative echocardiography.
- Interact with internationally renowned experts who are passionate about ultrasound education and will be immediately available to attendees throughout the meeting.
- Participate in interactive case-based small-group educational sessions to explore new and complex topics.
- Take part in a comprehensive hands-on porcine heart dissection with simultaneous imaging and surgical correlations directed by a cardiac surgeon and cardiac anesthesiologist team.
- Learn 3D echocardiography from experts who use it daily in their practice.
- Gain a deeper understanding of imaging for percutaneous structural heart interventions.
- Apply current practice guidelines to imaging and surgical dilemmas.
- Test your knowledge at the end of the meeting by taking a mock exam.
Visit www.scahq.org/2017EchoWeek for further information and details.
Perioperative Ultrasound Course Registration Opens This Month
Registration will open in February for the inaugural Perioperative Ultrasound Course, which will enhance your knowledge and ability in the rapidly expanding field of perioperative ultrasound.
The reverse classroom model enables participants to learn online through a course offered by iTeachU before attending a 1-day, hands-on workshop on May 21 in Atlanta, GA, in conjunction with the 2017 Echo Week.
This course offers the opportunity to learn basic ultrasound skills through
- online tutorials
- online case studies
- live hands-on training by more than a dozen ultrasound masters
- online studies log book.
The online modules, tutorial, and case studies will cover the following topics:
- Basic Transesophageal Echocardiography.
The hands-on workshops will include
- Transthoracic Echocardiography
- Gastric Ultrasound
- Lung Ultrasound
- DVT Evaluation
- Vascular Access.
Following these online and hands-on experiences, you will be prepared to bring your newly learned or honed skills back to your institution. Post-meeting, you will be able to use an online log book to document the supervised perioperative ultrasound studies that you perform.
Registration opens in February 2017. Complement your registration by signing up for Echo Week as well!
Keep an eye on www.scahq.org/2017PUC for additional details.