About This Event
The purpose of this program was to foster essential skills and competencies crucial to career development in early and mid-career women and underrepresented minorities in cardiothoracic anesthesiology. This included essential knowledge in clinical research (such as medical statistics, manuscript drafting, and grant writing), public speaking, leadership, networking, and mentorship.
At the end of this program, participants were be able to:
- Assess and recognize their personal opportunities for professional skill growth.
- Apply leadership fundamentals to their personal careers and advance their professional development.
September 22, 2021
Grant Writing: What to Apply for and When
- Explore commonalities shared by successful grants
- Explore how to search for grants
Danny Muehlschlegel, MD, MSc
Brigham and Women’s
August 18, 2021
Publishing in Medical Journals
- Explore common pitfalls
- What the Editor wants to see
Hilary Grocott, MD, FRCPC
University of Manitoba
July 14, 2021
May 5, 2021
Please note that CME is not available for listening to the recordings. If you attended the webinar live, CME may be claimed following the instructions below.
Accreditation and Designation Statements
This activity is not funded by commercial grants.
The following faculty members have disclosed financial relationships with ineligible companies:
|Emily Methangkool||Edwards Lifesciences||Speakers’ Bureau|
The Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists designates this activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Individual session credits are as follows:
|May 5||Project Design||1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™|
How to get the very best out of your Statistician and your Study
|1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™|
|August 18||Publishing in Medical Journals||1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™|
|September 22||Grant Writing||1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™|
How to Get Your Certificate
- Go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/86GWPXF
- Evaluate the meeting.
- You will be redirected to https://cme-tracker.net/certificate?certID=60899e5d2905dd295b85424e to claim your credits.
- You will be asked to login to claim credits. This login is different from your SCA account, so you may need to create an account. Once you have created an account, return to https://cme-tracker.net/certificate?certID=60899e5d2905dd295b85424e to login and claim your credits.
- Print all pages of your certificate for your records.
If you have questions regarding your CME certificate, please contact the SCA at email@example.com.