The outcome of patients with cardiovascular disease will be measurably improved due to the care of physicians who have been inspired and supported by the programs and initiatives of the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists (SCA). SCA is renowned worldwide for providing education in cardiovascular and thoracic (CVT) anesthesiology and perioperative care. Its members are called upon for leadership training and mentorship. Recognized as subspecialists by subspecialty board certification, SCA physicians are experts with whom healthcare professionals and hospital administrators consult for advice about managing systems of care for patients with cardiovascular and thoracic disease. SCA partners with other medical and surgical specialties as perioperative medicine experts. As a leader and expert in perioperative medicine, the SCA works with the public and partners with other medical and surgical specialties to promote clinical practice and safety standards.
Transforming perioperative cardiovascular and thoracic care through education, research and global collaboration.
Enhance outcomes for patients with cardiovascular and thoracic disease.
Core Organizational Values
- Innovation: Demonstrated by continuing commitment to education and research to generate and disseminate knowledge that improves patient outcomes.
- Integrity: Demonstrated by uncompromised dedication to being an unbiased and credible source of information and expertise.
- Leadership: Demonstrated by professional and personal pride in shaping the future of an inclusive community of excellence with a common passion for mutual respect, shared experience and mentoring.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated by active participation and ongoing commitment to the multi-disciplinary care of cardiovascular and thoracic patients.
- Education: SCA will be a global leader in comprehensive professional development that promotes the provision of safe, high quality, cost-effective medical care for patients undergoing cardiovascular and thoracic procedures.
- Leadership: SCA will be a recognized resource for healthcare providers engaged in the care of patients undergoing cardiovascular and thoracic procedures.
- Member Engagement: SCA membership will be desirable to all anesthesiologists practicing cardiovascular and thoracic anesthesiology and critical care medicine.
- Research: SCA will be regarded as a key supporter and promoter of research related to cardiovascular and thoracic disease.