SCA offers a number of funding opportunities to facilitate access to the best research and career development resources for cardiovascular and thoracic physicians in early- and mid-career, both from the United States and abroad. These grants and awards are meant to support research that will enhance the quality of care and life for patients undergoing cardiovascular and thoracic procedures, and advance the careers of SCA members through leadership opportunities.
Awards and Grants
- Participant User File (PUF) Research Program Award – PUF award is for research projects based on data from the Adult Cardiac Surgery Database, General Thoracic Surgery Database, Congenital Heart Surgery Database, and the INTERMACS Database.
- Kaplan Leadership Development Award – The Kaplan award is available to aid the career development of cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesiologists into leaders by funding coursework and leadership specific studies.
- Research Grants – These grants are available to assist in the further advancement of anesthesiology such as the: SCA/IARS Starter and SCA/IARS Mid-Career.
- Early Career Investigator Award – This award is designed to motivate physicians early in their training to pursue their interest in research that investigates topics in cardiac, thoracic, and vascular anesthesia and disease.
- DEI Junior Resident Scholar Grant (CA1) – The Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee (DEI) Junior Resident Scholar Program provides selected underrepresented minority (URM) anesthesiology residents (CA1) an opportunity to attend the SCA annual meeting.