The Basic Perioperative TEE education program is a collaboration between SCA, the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) and iTeachU to deliver a training and accreditation program that complies with the provisions set out by the National Board of Echocardiography (NBE). Learn at your convenience - anytime, anywhere - with this computer-based learning program. This program is ideal for anesthesiologists, emergency medicine and critical care physicians, researchers, and other healthcare professionals with an interest in anesthesiology and is required for Certification in Basic Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography via the Extended CME Pathway.
NEW! Try the Basic Perioperative TEE Micro Program for FREE
Engage in two full tutorials taken from the Basic Perioperative TEE Program - learn how to perform a TEE examination and basic hemodynamic state assessment. Additionally, complete five case studies that focus on basic hemodynamic state abnormalities. Take advantage of this exciting free learning opportunity to try the Basic Perioperative TEE Porgram before buying it. Try It Now!
- The Basic TEE exam
- Basic hemodynamic state assessment
- Basic assessment of valves and pericardium using 2D and color flow Doppler imaging
- Common artefacts
- Completion of 100 Basic TEE case studies focusing on 2D and color Doppler assessment
- Understand the concept and limitations of Basic TEE
- Identify the cognitive skills to learn the use of Basic TEE
- Apply the echocardiography patterns required to interpret ventricular and valvular pathology at a basic level
- Assess knowledge through interpretation of 100 Basic TEE images/cases
- Perform Basic TEE in the perioperative setting
What will the program deliver?
- 7 tutorials
- 100 basic TEE case studies focusing on 2D and color Doppler assessment
- Each case study consists of an assessment in the form of multiple choice questions
- The opportunity to provide feedback for each case study
- Potential to earn up to 100 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for up to 100 hours of work
SCA Member, Group, and Resident discounts available
Click here to Purchase