MEMBER ENGAGEMENT COMMITTEE DESCRIPTION & ROSTER
STRATEGIC PLAN GOAL: MEMBER ENGAGEMENT
SCA membership will be desirable to all anesthesiologists practicing cardiovascular and thoracic anesthesiology and critical care medicine.
The Member Engagement Committee promotes member engagement in the Society and assesses member needs by evaluating market research data and communicating the findings to Society leadership. The committee oversees programs and practices that can best serve the needs and expectations of Society members.
The committee manages projects and programs that enhance the member experience. Specific duties include:
- To monitor, evaluate, and advise the SCA Board of Directors regarding membership issues as they relate to all the various constituents of the society including: Physicians in academic practice; Physicians in private practice; International members; Physicians in training; Fellowship; Residency
- To oversee the interface between the membership and the SCA Board of Directors: Website; Newsletter Publications
- To monitor and advise the SCA Board of Directors regarding issues relating to practice management including economic and governmental affairs through the “Practice Management Subcommittee” that focuses on economic issues (including the salary survey), billing codes (and questions relating to billing codes and identifying the need for new billing codes), and payment models.
- To monitor and advise the SCA Board of Directors regarding issues relating to fellowship training through the “Fellowship Subcommittee” that focuses on the needs of fellowship program directors and fellows.
- To produce a monthly newsletter for the membership by the “Newsletter Sub-Committee” that communicates to the membership relevant articles, events, and activities within the society and affiliated societies that impact cardiac anesthesiology.
- To monitor and advise the SCA Board of Directors regarding issues relating to the website through the “Website Subcommittee” that focuses on the functionality of the site, the needs of the membership, commercial sponsorship, section on jobs postings, and future development.
- To monitor and advise the SCA Board of Directors regarding issues relating to the journal affiliation, societal publications, and e-Learning through the “Publications Subcommittee” that focuses on the identifying the needs of the membership for enduring material, the production of that material, and future development.
- To monitor and advise the SCA Board of Directors regarding issues relating to membership, including dues, fees, and member benefits.
The committee reports to the SCA Board of Directors.
The committee meets at least once per year.
The committee is composed of the Chair, Chairs of the Sub-Committees, and other Society members. A Board Liaison may be appointed at the discretion of the President.
Committee members serve for a term of two years for any number of terms, but not more than three terms consecutively.
2021-2022 COMMITTEE ROSTER
Gregory Kim, MD – Chair
Regina Linganna, MD – Vice-Chair
Ludmil Mitrev, MD – Board Liaison
Rachel Diehl, MD
Matthew Ellison, MD
Matthew Klopman, MD FASE
Nikhil Kumar, MD
Choy R Lewis, MD
Sanford Littwin, MD
Prakash A Patel, MD
Douglas C. Shook, MD FASE
Linda M. Sundt, MD
Christopher Tanaka, MD
Elizabeth Ungerman, MD