CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION (CME) COMMITTEE DESCRIPTION & ROSTER
STRATEGIC PLAN GOAL: EDUCATION
SCA will be a global leader in comprehensive professional development that promotes the provision of safe, high-quality, cost-effective medical care for patients undergoing cardiovascular and thoracic procedures.
The Continuing Medical Education (CME) Committee, in accordance with the CME Mission of the Society, leads and facilitates the independent development of unbiased, scientifically balanced, continuing medical educational activities. These are designed and implemented to facilitate the continued professional development of physicians and other healthcare professionals.
The committee provides physicians and healthcare professionals the highest quality, evidence-based education, advancing their knowledge, competence, performance in practice, and patient outcomes in order to improve the health of the public. Specific duties include:
- To monitor all educational activities provided by the SCA and assure that all activities are compliant with ACCME accreditation criteria. The CME committee will report to and advise the SCA Board of Directors.
- To strategize and initiate the creation of educational programs that meet the needs of CVT anesthesiologists and adhere to the SCA’s mission.
- To provide educational activities to the international community through a Sub-Committee dedicated to international education/relations. This will be in the form of:
- Co-sponsorship of international meetings
- Endorsement of international meetings
- International outreach
- Website or electronic media or products that reach the international community
The committee reports to the SCA Board of Directors.
The committee meets at least twice per year: once at the SCA Annual Meeting (spring) and once at the ASA Annual Meeting (fall).
The committee is composed of the Chair (President-Elect of the Society) and four elected committee members. In addition, the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Scientific Program Committee; the Chair and Vice-Chair of the TAS Program Committee; the Co-Directors of the Echo Week Program Committee; and the Co-Directors of the PoCUS Course are members.
The committee Chair serves a two-year term for the duration of their term as President-Elect of the Society. The elected members serve staggered four-year terms. The Program Chair, Vice-Chair and Course Directors serve on the Committee for as long as they are Chair, Vice-Chair or Course Director.
2022-2023 COMMITTEE ROSTER
Kathryn E. Glas, MD, MBA, FASE – Chair / Board Liaison
Dalia A. Banks, MD, FASE
Elvera L. Baron, MD PhD
Randal S. Blank, MD PhD
Brandi Bottiger, MD
Mary Beth Brady, MD FASE
Megan Chacon, MD
Jennifer Hargrave, DO
Jonathan Ho, MD
Rebecca Klinger, MD
Jenny Kwak, MD
Alina Nicoara, MD, FASE
Charles B. Nyman, MBBCh
Benjamin Tuck, MD