EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE DESCRIPTION & ROSTER
STRATEGIC PLAN GOAL
To be the globally recognized leader in cardiovascular and thoracic anesthesiology and perioperative care.
The Executive Committee provides a mechanism for Board leaders to engage, within the limits set by Board policy and the Bylaws, in decision making, oversight, and communication on important organizational matters. The committee offers organizational direction on behalf of the board and advises on decisions and business matters ranging from strategy planning, policy, investment and risk.
The committee, in conjunction with headquarters staff, manages the day-to-day affairs of the Society. The committee serves in an advisory capacity for the Board of Directors policy development. Specific duties include:
- To provide continuity and direction for governance activities of the Society.
- To review the major issues facing the Society and make preliminary decisions, to be ratified by the full Board of Directors.
- To monitor the Society’s financials, via the monthly financial statement and by approving the initial budget.
- To support special Society projects and oversee committee activity.
- To develop suggested Society policies and recommend changes to the Bylaws.
The committee reports to the SCA Board of Directors.
The committee may meet monthly via telephone conference.
The committee is composed of the President, President-Elect, Immediate Past President, and Secretary/Treasurer of the Society.
Committee members serve two-year terms for the position to which they have been elected.
2021-2022 COMMITTEE ROSTER
Andrew D. Shaw, MB, FCCM, FFICM, FRCA – President
Kathryn E. Glas, MD – President-Elect
Amanda A. Fox, MD, MPH – Secretary/Treasurer
Stanton K. Shernan, MD, FAHA, FASE – Immediate Past-President