GUIDELINES AND STANDARDS SUB-COMMITTEE DESCRIPTION & ROSTER
STRATEGIC PLAN GOAL: LEADERSHIP
SCA will be a recognized resource for healthcare providers engaged in the care of patients undergoing cardiovascular and thoracic procedures.
The Guidelines and Standards Sub-Committee is responsible for overseeing the development of standards and guidelines adopted and promoted by the SCA.
The purpose of the sub-committee is to:
- To monitor existing SCA standards and guidelines; and recommends revision or recession when appropriate to the Board.
- To recommend new standards or guidelines as needed.
- To recommend to the Board the acceptability of proposed standards, guidelines, and related documents.
- To guide and monitor the solicitation of member comment on SCA standards and guidelines through email distribution lists (listservs) before they are recommended to the Board.
- To hold or delegate the holding of open hearings on standards when this option for gathering member comments is employed.
The sub-committee reports to the Quality & Safety Leadership Committee.
The sub-committee meets at least once per year.
The sub-committee is composed of the Chair, Parent Committee (QSL) Chair, and other Society members. A Board Liaison may be appointed at the discretion of the President.
Sub-committee members serve for a term of two years for any number of terms, but not more than three terms consecutively.
2021-2022 SUB-COMMITTEE ROSTER
Michael Boisen, MD – Chair
Bessie Kachulis, MD – Vice-Chair
Bruce A. Bollen, MD – Parent Sub-Committee Chair
Amanda Fox, MD MPH – SCA Board Liaison
Marco A. Aguirre, MD
Harendra Arora, MD
Elvera Baron, MD
Theodore Cios, MD MPH
Thomas B. Gentilcore, MD
Anurag Johri, MD
Domagoj Mladinov, MD PhD
Nirvik Pal, MBBS, MD
Shiva M. Sale, MD
Ali Salehi, MD
Alan Smeltz, MD
Kofi Vandyck, MD
Hong Wang, MD
Jonathan Zoller, MD