Announcing the 2024 SCA Junior Resident Scholarship
Open November 1, 2023 through January 15, 2024
The goals of this scholarship are:
- To expose URM residents to the clinical practice of cardiothoracic anesthesiology by attending the SCA annual meeting.
- To give URM resident scholars early involvement in the SCA through interactions with and mentorshipby leaders of the sub-specialty and other cardiothoracic anesthesiologists.
Ten scholarships will be awarded in 2024!
- Nomination of URM resident by the program director or cardiothoracic faculty.
- The nominee must be an academically promising URM CA1 resident in good standing in an ACGME-accredited residency program.
- Each nominee must submit an essay addressing the following(maximum 500 words):
- Diverse background of the nominee
- Nominee’s understanding of the issues of DEI in Cardiovascular medicine
- Nominee’s interest in CV anesthesia
- A letter of support from the program director and one additional letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
- The CV of the nominee.
- Recipients must be members of the SCA, or agree to become one, to accept the scholarship. Non-members will receive a complimentary, one-year resident/fellow membership to meet this requirement.
$1,000 travel stipend; complimentary basic registration to the 2024 SCA Annual Meeting.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION
Scholarship applications will be reviewed and selected by the Scholarship Review & Selection Sub-Group of the DEI Committee at the SCA. Up to 10 scholarships will be awarded yearly.