Submission Opens on November 1, 2021 and Closes on December 10, 2021!
The Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists invites junior physicians to the submission of case reports to be presented to the Super Echo Panel at the SCA 2022 Annual Meeting & Workshops to be held from May 14-17, 2022.
Note: If you are a fellow or a resident, please consider submitting to the SCA Fellow and Resident Complex Case. If you are a fellow or resident and prefer the Super Echo call, the attending must be named on the submission and, if accepted, participate in the session with you. The attending must be less than 5 years from training.
- Submission system opens on November 1, 2021.
- Submission system closes at 5:00 pm (Central) on December 10, 2021.
- Additional submissions will not be accepted after the submission system
- If you do not receive email confirmation of your case report submission within 30 minutes of finalizing your case report submission, please contact SCA Education Team:
- Co-Authors must complete their disclosure forms by December 10, 2021.
- The submission will not be reviewed unless all listed authors complete a bio and disclosure form by the deadline.
- Notifications regarding abstract selection will be sent in January 2022.
- If this case report is submitted to the Super Echo Panel and the Fellow and Resident Panel and accepted to both; authors will need to decline one of the invitations to present.
Instructions for Online Case Report Submission
Case Presentation Requirements
The submission must include all of the following, unless otherwise specified:
- Introduction paragraph: State why the echocardiographic finding is presented to the
- Brief summary of the clinical case.
- Bulleted discussion section: please enumerate the points which the author will make during the presentation, such as:
- Techniques, views or calculations employed to evaluate the echocardiographic finding
- Impact of the echocardiographic finding on clinical decision making
- Teaching point of the case
- Echocardiographic Video
- Echocardiographic still images and/or non-echocardiographic still images (optional)
- Should be of high quality but cannot be larger than 1 MB
- Accepted file formats: .jpg, .tiff, or .bmp
- Figure and video legends (brief)
- Authors will not be provided complimentary registration or any other financial The Primary Author must be the presenting author.
- Panel is open for submission only to SCA members who are either junior faculty/staff (clinical instructor, assistant professor) or less than 5 years in practice.
- Only one Super Echo submission per person is allowed.
- An abstract or case may be submitted for consideration to multiple calls, however the submission may not be presented to more than one call. If an abstract or case is accepted for presentation to more than one SCA call, it is the authors’ responsibility to notify the SCA and a decision will be made regarding where the submission will be presented.
- Abstracts/cases that are published or presented at other national and international meetings prior to the SCA Annual Meeting will not be permitted to be presented.
- If there is a potential conflict regarding an abstract already being presented or published, it is the responsibility of the submitting author to contact SCA at the time of submission. Failure to comply may result in the abstract being disqualified.
- Only cases submitted in the appropriate format will be considered.
- The submitted text and images must be HIPPA compliant, including masking of all patient identification material. Images with patient identifiers will not be reviewed and will be rejected.
- Abstract co-authors will receive emailed requests for disclosures of conflicts of interests after the submitting author submits the abstract. If a co-author fails to submit his/her disclosures, the abstract will not be reviewed and will be rejected.
- Video clips MUST accompany the submission.
- Video file formats should be AVI
- Optimal video frame dimensions are 480×360 pixels
- Use video-compression software to reduce size, if necessary
- A total of 2 videos may be submitted. If you prefer, you may combine clips into one video
- If you combine clips, please allow enough time for each clip and leave a gap between clips
- Label your submitted figures/videos with your initials followed by Figure/Video # to facilitate reviews (i.e. John Smith: JS Figure 1/JS Video 1).
All abstracts undergo a blinded peer-review process and will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- Teaching point of the case
- Provides opportunity for discussion
- Illustrates new echo technology
- Quality of video/still images submitted