Are you looking to get more involved in your Society? There are many ways to participate in our activities, from serving on a Committee or Special Interest Group (SIG), to writing for the Newsletter.
Call for 2022 Society Nominations are Now Open!
The SCA seeks nominations for the following positions:
- Director-at-Large (2 openings)
- Term: 3-year term commencing in May 2022.
- Overview: The Director-at-Large will bring expertise in cardiovascular anesthesiology, governance, and finance to the Board. The ideal candidate will have prior SCA involvement experience. Must attend up to 4 Board meetings per year.
- Early Career Board of Director (2 openings)
- Nominee must be within ten years of completing Fellowship training.
- Term: 2-year term commencing in May 2022.
- Overview: The Early Career Board Members will be voting members of the SCA Board of Directors. The ideal candidate will have had some previous involvement with SCA. Must attend up to 4 Board meetings per year.
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Committee Member (1 opening)
- Term: Up to a 4-year term commencing in May 2022.
- Overview: The CME Committee leads and facilitates the independent development of unbiased, scientifically balanced, CME activities. Must be able to attend up to 2 CME Committee meetings. The ideal candidate will have prior SCA involvement experience.
If you are self-nominating or submitting your application:
Please complete the online application. Log in with your SCA username and password.
CLICK HERE FOR THE APPLICATION
All nominees for any of the positions listed above must submit the following:
- A self-nomination letter or a letter of nomination from a Society member (for self-nominees, this letter cannot be combined with the statement of intent)
- Two letters from Society members seconding the nomination
- A statement of intent from the nominee
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae
- Biography – 150 words or less (Those more than 150 words will be returned for revisions)
- A high-resolution, color business photo of the nominee
If you are nominating another SCA member:
Please submit your letter of nomination to email@example.com
Submissions are due by 11:59 pm (Eastern) on Thursday, September 30, 2021.
Eligible nominees must be active members in good standing.
Newly elected leadership will be required to attend the Business Meeting during Annual Meeting and Workshops May 14 -17, 2022.
Questions? Call us at 855.658.2828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Write a Newsletter or Journal article.
- Submit an abstract – abstract submissions for the Annual Meeting & Workshops, Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium, and Echo Week Meeting open several months prior to each meeting.
- Submit a PBLD – Problem-Based Learning Discussions (PBLDs) are a key feature of each year’s Annual Meeting & Workshops. Accepted submissions will be invited to participate in the meeting as a PBLD speaker.
- Connect with us on social media – Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay engaged with the Society and your colleagues.
Special Interest Groups
Are you interested in connecting and interacting with colleagues who share similar interests and challenges? An SCA SIG can offer you that opportunity!
Explore SCA’s SIGs:
- Regional Anesthesia for Cardiothoracic Enhanced Recovery Special Interest Group
- Simulation in Cardiothoracic Anesthesia Special Interest Group
- Women In Cardiothoracic Anesthesia (WICTA) Special Interest Group