2023 Nominating Slate
The SCA Nominating Committee, chaired by Immediate Past President Dr. Stan Shernan, MD FAHA FASE, is pleased to endorse the following candidates for the 2023 election cycle. Information about each candidate will be available in the February newsletter and through the online election system.
One position available for President-Elect, among the following nominee:
- Amanda A. Fox, MD, MPH – University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
One position available for Secretary/Treasurer, among the following nominees:
- Michael Eaton, MD, FASA – University of Rochester School of Medicine
- Sasha K. Shillcutt, MD, MS, FASE – University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Douglas C. Shook, MD, FASE – Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Two positions are available for Director-at-Large, among the following nominees:
- Andra Duncan, MD, MS – Cleveland Clinic
- Jiapeng Huang, MD – University of Louisville
- David McIlroy, MBBS, MD – Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Ludmil (Lou) Mitrev, MD, FASA – Cooper University HealthCare/Cooper Medical School
- Jochen (Danny) Muehlschlegel, MD, MMSc, MBA, FAHA, FASA – Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Jochen Steppan, MD, DESA, FAHA, FASE – Johns Hopkins University
One position is available for the CME Committee Member, among the following nominees:
- Vaibhav Bora, MD, FASA, FASE, FCCM, FCCP – Augusta University
- Pablo Motta, MD – Texas Children’s – Baylor Medical Center
- Prakash A. Patel, MD, FASE – Yale University
- Sarah Smith, MD, MS – Westchester Medical Center / New York Medical College
Two positions are available for Nominating Committee Members, among the following nominees:
- Theodore J. Cios, MD, MPH, FASA, FASE – Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Mathew Varghese Patteril, MD, FRCA – University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire
- Peter Neuburger, MD, FASE – NYU Grossman School of Medicine
The 2023 online election for SCA leadership is scheduled to open on January 27, 2023.
- Write a Newsletter or Journal article.
- Submit an abstract – abstract submissions for the Annual Meeting & Workshops, Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium, and Echo Week Meeting open several months prior to each meeting.
- Submit a PBLD – Problem-Based Learning Discussions (PBLDs) are a key feature of each year’s Annual Meeting & Workshops. Accepted submissions will be invited to participate in the meeting as a PBLD speaker.
- Connect with us on social media – Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay engaged with the Society and your colleagues.
Special Interest Groups
Are you interested in connecting and interacting with colleagues who share similar interests and challenges? An SCA SIG can offer you that opportunity!
Explore SCA’s SIGs: