World-Class Educational Events
SCA’s live educational events offer cardiothoracic and vascular anesthesiology education via the latest updates from subject matter experts and leaders in the field. Our meetings provide the opportunity to network with your peers while earning continuing medical education credits. Educational sessions are developed to address the needs of both novice and advanced researchers and clinicians in a wide range of topic areas.
Live Educational Events
- Annual Meeting & Workshops – more than 1,200 attendees come together to discuss key issues involved in delivering care to patients undergoing cardiovacular and thoracic surgeries. Educational formats include didactic lectures, hands-on workshops and small-group Problem-Based Learning Discussions (PBLDs).
- Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium (TAS) – held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting, this is a unique educational activity entirely focused on thoracic anesthesia for academic and private practictioners.
- Echo Week – this course provides a comprehensive review and advanced applications of perioperative echocardiography. Attendees can expect to review, update and expand their knowledge of perioperative echo.
- Perioperative Ultrasound Course Hands-On Workshop – developed to address the professional practice gaps surrounding clinical ultrasound by anesthesiologists, this workshop is one part of a hybrid course offered in collaboration with iTeachU.
- Cardiovascular Outcomes Research in Perioperative Medicine (COR-PM) – Advance our understanding of high-quality clinical outcomes research within the T2-T4 translational spectrum, Provide mentorship capacity for early- and mid-career participants by providing a small-sized conference that permits “face time” with recognized leaders in the field, including Drs. PJ Devereaux, Dan Sessler, Jessica Spence, Monica Vavilala, Eric Sun, and many more, and Create a personal, inclusive, and welcoming conference.