This iTeachU course was designed to provide an understanding of Basic Transthoracic Echocardiography. The Basic TTE course focuses on how to perform and interpret a transthoracic echocardiography study using 2D and color flow Doppler. Additional learning includes basic hemodynamic state assessment, ventricular function and valve pathology, which have been categorized into those that are likely to cause hemodynamic compromise or those that may not. By the end of this course, the participant will be exposed to a wide variety of cardiac pathology.
- 7 eLearning tutorials providing a consistent level of background information.
- 50 basic TTE case studies focusing on 2D and color Doppler assessment.
- Each case study consists of an assessment in the form of multiple choice questions that may relate to the case specifically or to general information highlighted by the case.
- Optional 30 log books to record clinical cases.
- Introduction to Basic TTE
- Introduction to Case Study Reporting
- Transthoracic Echocardiography Examination
- Basic Haemodynamic Assessment
- Views, Valves, Pericardium for Transthoracic Echo
- Generating Ultrasound Images
- Basic Modes of Ultrasound
This course is a non-CME program and cannot be used to claim AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™