Submission Opens on September 6, 2022 and Closes on December 1, 2022!
Note: If your project is a research study and not a complex case, please consider submitting it to the SCA Scientific Program.
- Submission system opens on September 6, 2022.
- Submission system closes at 5:00 pm (Central) on December 1, 2022.
- Additional submissions will not be accepted after the submission system closes.
- If you do not receive email confirmation of your abstract submission within 30 minutes of finalizing your abstract submission, please contact SCA Education Team:
- Co-Authors must complete their bio and disclosure forms by December 1, 2022.
- The submission will not be reviewed unless all listed authors complete a disclosure form by the deadline.
- Notifications regarding abstract selection will be sent in January 2023.
Instructions for Online Submission
- All submissions will include three (3) sections:
- Case Presentation
- The title must be short, specific, indicating the nature of the work or the problem discussed.
- Capitalize first letter of each word in the title.
- Do not enter the title in all upper case, in quotation marks, or use abbreviations.
- Submissions are limited to a 3,300 Character count, including the body text and spaces.
- Tables, figures, images, or other graphics, will only be accepted as still images in the following files formats: .jpg, .png, .tiff, or .bmp.
- Submissions must include at least one (1) but no more than three (3) references.
- All submitting authors must complete a disclosure of relevant financial relationships at the time of submission.
- Submitting authors are responsible for providing the names and emails of their co-author(s) at the time of submission.
- Presenting author must submit the Program Directors or other faculty may not submit on behalf of their Fellow or Resident.
- Submissions that do not include all of the previously listed requirements will not be reviewed.
- Submitted text and images must be HIPPA compliant, including masking of all patient identification material. Images with patient identifiers will not be considered for presentation.
- Only one Fellow and Resident Complex Case submission is allowed per presenting author. If you have additional cases to submit, you may do so in the Scientific Program or Thoracic Anesthesia Symposium abstract submission systems.
- An abstract or case may be submitted for consideration to multiple calls (e.g. Scientific Program and Super Echo), however the submission will not be accepted for presentation to more than one call.
- Abstracts/cases that are published or presented at other national and international meetings prior to the SCA Annual Meeting will not be permitted to be presented.
- If there is a potential conflict regarding an abstract already being presented or published it is the responsibility of the submitting author to contact SCA at the time of Failure to comply may result in the abstract being disqualified.
- Once the abstract is submitted, no revisions are permitted.
- Presenting author must either be a current fellow in cardiothoracic anesthesiology (or related field) or a resident in anesthesiology (or related field), or completed such a fellowship/residency program within the past six months.
- The presenting author is responsible for abstract content – SCA will not edit submissions.
- All communications regarding the abstract submission will be sent to the presenting author.
- Failure to follow SCA abstract policies may result in disqualification of your abstract.
- Abstract co-authors will receive requests by email for disclosures of conflicts of interest after the presenting author submits the abstract. If any co-author fails to submit his/her disclosures, the abstract will not be reviewed and will be rejected.
- All abstracts will undergo a blinded review.
- Accepted abstracts will then be presented in a traditional printed poster The top four cases will be presented orally at a special session.
All submissions undergo a blinded peer-review process and will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- Originality of topic
- Illustrates cutting edge medicine
- Provides an opportunity for discussion
- Quality of written submission